Kale and Pineapple Smoothie





I am actually pretty disciplined when it comes to making smoothies. I tend to make one at least every other morning before I go to work, and  I really notice the benefits.  Smoothies are one of those things that are SO much cheaper to make yourself. If you buy  a good smoothie anywhere in London, you’ll probably end up spending around a fiver a pop. One ingredient I really recommend investing in are Chia seeds. These are fantastic for acting as an antioxidant, they’re a great source of fibre and Omega 3 AND they don’t taste of anything! You can add them to smoothies and porridge and you only need a teaspoon or so to make a difference. A 250g bag will probably cost you around £4, you may be able to find them cheaper on the internet- but I always add these to my juices/smoothies and they help to really fill me up as well as being a great source of nutrients.

Here is my pineapple and kale smoothie:

You will need:

1 teaspoon of Chia seeds
½ small pineapple, cut into chunks
¼ pint of water or coconut water – more if desired
1 x handful of kale – more if desired.

Blend this all up together until you get a smooth green drink and enjoy straight away. You can save any leftovers in the fridge for around 24 hours in an airtight container.


No comments